8 EDOS Dependency Management Timeline
- The EDOS project starts.
- The first versions of the ceve package parser
(see Section 5.1) and EDOSlib tools (see
Section 5.3) are available on the public EDOS
- EDOS deliverable WP2D1 [EDO05], containing
the analysis of package systems (see Section 1),
the proposals for improving package metadata reported in
Section 2, the reduction to Boolean constraints
(see Section 4.1), and the NP completeness
(see Section 4.2).
deliverable in PDF]
- The first version of edos-debcheck (see
Section 5.6) by Jérôme Vouillon, using SAT-solver
technology, available on the public EDOS subversion repository.
- The EDOS project starts tracking dayly the Debian
distribution, via the anla tool, reports are made available
and easily browsables on http://brion.inria.fr/anla/
- Publication of [CDL+06].
[Complete paper in PDF]
- EDOS deliverable WP2D2 [EDO06], containing
the encoding of the package installability problem into a Booolean
satisfiability problem (see Section 4.3) and into a
Constraint Programming problem (see Section 4.4), as well as the
comparison of package maintainers (see Section 7).
[Complete deliverable in PDF]
- Tools and results presented at the Free Software
Workshop, in FISL
2006, Porto Alegre, Brazil.
- Tools and results presented at the Large Software
System Management workshop, in RMLL
2006, Nancy, France, with participation of a Debian delegation.
Publication of Managing the Complexity of Large
Free and Open Source Package-Based Software Distributions at the
International Conference on Automated Software Engineering
paper in PDF]
- The first version of tart, an optimizing package
allocator for splitting a distribution across multiple media, is
publicly available on the EDOS subversion repository.
- The EDOS WP2 team presents the tools at the
meeting in Extremadura;
edos.debian.net is born.
- The EDOS project finishes; the tools developed by the
WP2 team totalize around 100.000 lines of OCaml code.